Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Somebody Has Got To Do Something About This!

It's midnight and I may not ever be able to fall asleep again because of the images that I just saw from the documentary: "The Cove." This movie features Ric O'Barry (from Flipper)fighting for the rights of Kaijii, Japan, dolphins who are being slaughtered by the thousands. Because I am so sensitive, I almost didn't watch it, but I am glad that I did. There is a website : savejapandolphins.org where you can learn more about the situation and find out how you can help. Please take a moment to help! Standing in truth and integrity makes the world a better place. Turning a blind eye to injustice, prolongs unnecessary suffering. Thank you for taking the time to courageously face this disturbing reality that needs your attention. This is just one of millions of causes and injustices that can bring you to tears.

Dolphins are pure beams of light. They have extremely high intelligence and are worthy of much respect. We as a human race have degraded and threateded them in ways that may be irreversible. I know I should do loads more research before I go on this rant, but I am just too fired up. On my bucket list was to swim with the dolphins. For as long as I can remember, I have felt such a strong spiritual connection to these enlightened animals. After finding out that those huge smiles upon their face are not a true indication of how they are feeling, it can never be done.

Ric O'Barry illustrates Dharma or fulfilling one's life's purpose in such a beautiful way. He is on a mission and will not be stopped. I am so thankful for the passion that he represents for a cause that is so close to my heart. Rainer Maria Rilke explains this concept beautifully: "Dig into yourself for a deep answer. If this answer rings out in assent, if you meet this solomn question with a strong, simple, "I must", then build your life in accordance with this necessity; your whole life, even down to its humblest and most indifferent hour, must become a sign and witness to this impulse." What is it that tugs at your heart and begs for your help? For me, it is definately children, but I think on a deeper level it is any victim who is being mistreated... the underdog. Injustice of every color can be stopped if people will begin to awaken to the stories and the suffering around them. We can all do something to make a change.

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online