Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hiding

Ready or not, here I come! I have neglected the blog for many months. It feels great to return to an empty canvas of unlimited possibilities. Originally I planned on writing every other week and when the chaos at home spun into high geer I let it fall by the wayside. Like an old forgotten friend I return. Here I re-evaluate...why have I come? It is a pathway to Spirit. When I write, I draw closer to God. It is an invitation to the pulse within me. I lost focus and began to write for the wrong reasons and then it became one more thing that I couldn't keep up with, like the laundry. May the precious gift of writing never again be lumped together with the laundry...that which I have a strong aversion to.

Much can be gleened from the periods of hiding if you have the courage to walk through the darkness. Fear is the dragon at my heel who wants to keep me small and stuck in the goo. It has called my name and seduced me into a smallness dance repeatedly. Every time I gain wisdom, and step into my power, I bid the fear goodbye. Inevitably, it returns when I am least suspecting. My teacher says, "what you resist persists" this is an invitation to embrace that which is. To stand face to face with the undesirable parts is a challenge and a gift, because once you stand up to fear or whatever your shadow may be, it loses power and you gain the power and strength to learn from it.

In yoga, one of the 5 afflictions, or reasons people suffer is called dvesa or aversion. As long as our energy is caught up pushing things away (like fear or laundry) we are unable to be fully present for the precious gift and wonder of this moment. So in pushing away the blog, I have suffered, because it truly is a healthy place to grow and bring to light that which is.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful... you do this so well. Mind if I borrow a paragraph for class on Friday morning? Especially since we are both dealing with approximately the same thing.
Welcome back to the blog my friend. Om Shant, Peace

blogger templates | Make Money Online