Saturday, February 27, 2010

Go With The Flow

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Lately I have definately felt like a nut. When feeling out of balance, I don't want to do anything that I should or ought to do. I want to eat chocolate and sleep! Although yoga has helped keep me in balance, I still crumble into a heap at times & just can't pick myself up. These are the times when it is so hard to write and every time I do, my critic convinces me that it's crap so I hit delete and grab another bit of chocolate.

In funks like these the tendancy is to beat myself up. This prolongs the funk until something external finally breaks me out of it. This time it was a bright sunshiny spring like day.

The real reason we all suffer is called avidya or spiritual ignorance. We mistake the false self for the real, and step out of the flow of grace. Getting caught up in the head about this or that we fail to be present. It all comes down to a choice...to live from the inside out or the outside in?

It takes courage to commit to the path of spiritual growth. We must be willing to accept grace. It is one thing to give and quite another to humble yourself to receive this beautiful gift. A gift which whispers "you are enough" and "be here now." It is the voice of truth.

Going with the flow is knowing when to push and when to sit back and enjoy the ride or simetimes burrow. Listening inwardly you will know what each moment requires of you. After weeks of the funk in my trunk I am happy to be back in the flow of grace...finally able to hit the mat and the page with courage. It is stepping beyond mere survival into that which we are meant to be. Knowing all this, I will attest to the importance of accepting the crippling goo as part of the journey. As well as being gentle with your self in the process.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

1 comments:

Organizing Dinner said...

Beautiful words yogabean. You are such a wonderful spiritual guide as you both understand the struggle and can educate us on how to emerge victorious. I loved, in p3, to learn there is a name for the reason we struggle. Thank you, as always, for reminding me what's important.

blogger templates | Make Money Online